Yes, I know... it's been a while. I had to take a little break but for good reason. See, I had a bit of an issue with a saboteur. This woman came into my life and had me totally neglecting all the things I need to survive.
After a health scare, I was prompted to do some soul searching to come to terms with the ordeal and change the situation. What I discovered is that I'm my own worst enemy, I am my saboteur. Anyone else?
According to good ol' Webster, to sabotage is to deliberately destroy, damage or obstruct. Therefore, knowingly neglecting self care, personal health and wellness is self sabotage.
In case you're not sure what I mean I'll provide some examples: Not feeding yourself because you don't have time to eat = sabotage; Not sleeping because you're overcommitted with work = sabotage; Not asking for help even though your struggling to keep your head above water = sabotage.
The fact is that these are deliberate life choices that are destroy health and we WOMEN are the best at it!
Yes, I can hear you saying, "Well, what am I supposed to do? I have to work, I have to get the kids to school and practice, the women in my family don't ask for help". What I can tell you is that if you continue to chose a life where you are the saboteur of your wellness, you may not be here to eat, sleep, work, love, etc.
I'm sending this note as a WAKE UP CALL!
You ultimately have to find the solutions that work best for you but can I share with you what worked for me. Check out my video as I share my 7 tips to prevent self sabotage.
I'm so passionate about this message because so many of us fake it and pretend like everything is fine, and we suffer. Here are the steps that worked for me:
1) STOP ignoring the signs and symptoms that something is "feeling off" in your body
2) Seek attention ASAP for what is "off" in your body
3) Follow the the advise of your healthcare provider/therapist/counselor and seek a second opinion if necessary
4) Share with your significant other, friends, support systems or boss that you must make some lifestyle changes immediately which may mean lightning your load, hiring help, them picking up slack, going without
5) Give yourself AMPLE time to heal/get grounded/get in the rhythm
6) Stop and smell the roses
7) Have grace and patience with yourself
I hope this post has been insightful for you! Feel free to share with a friend.