If you're not familiar with golden milk then the name itself may cause you to wonder what it is? Let me tell you... it's a wonderful cup of deliciousness that is consumed for its health boosting properties so it's a total win-win.
The name golden milk comes from the beautiful yellow color created by the turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin which has been researched for it's anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
Turmeric may also benefit your health by...
- boosting the immune system
- detoxing the liver
- supporting brain function
- maintaining cholesterol levels
- supporting the healing of skin conditions
- managing weight
- fighting coughs, colds and flus
- easing joint discomfort
Making golden milk is really simple and there are really just a few main ingredients you need. Here's the recipe...
First, you'll need to make turmeric paste
- 1/4 c turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper (Don't skip out on the black pepper as it enhances the absorption and bioavailability of turmeric)
- 1/2 c water
1) Combine and mix all ingredints in a sauce pan on medium heat. Mix until you have a thick paste. It may only take a few minutes so keep stiring.
2) Once you have a paste, remove from heat and let cool. After using, store paste in the fridge.
Next make your milk...
- 2 cups goat's milk (coconut milk, hemp milk or almond milk may also be used)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric paste
- Raw honey to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
Optional ingredients can will not only enhance the flavor but can also help improve metabolism, provided additional immunity boost, blood sugar regulation and digestive support.
1) On medium heat, with the exception of the honey combine all ingredeints in a sauce pan.
2) Stir to mix constantly and prevent boiling. Use a small whisk to break up any clumps that form from the cinnamon or cardamom.
3) Once well combined and heated, remove from heat and serve. Allow to cool but drink warm.