I was gifted with the most wonderful bag of the best pumpkin seeds I've ever had. After rapid consumption I thought,
"well, isn't this the perfect snack to switch things up a bit."
A lover of flavor bursting foods, I wanted to add a little extra kick to the batch I would rush home to make.
I've been on a turmeric kick lately so I immediately knew I would add the anti-inflammatory spice to the seeds. I then thought heck, let's rev it up with a little curry.
Here's how it came together...
2 cups pumpkin seeds- either straight from a pumpkin or buy raw pumpkin seeds with the shell. I used a combo.
*if using pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin please make sure to clean seeds
2 tsp coconut oil or grape seed oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp curry powder (yes, turmeric is in curry poweder but I like extra)
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) In a pot, bring pumpkin seeds to a boil, reduce to medium-low heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
3) Drain water from seeds in a colander. Allow seeds to air dry (which is easiest over night) or pat dry with a towel.
4) Add seeds to medium sized bowl.
5) Add oil, salt and spices to seeds to coat evenly.
6) Put seeds on a baking sheet to cook for 25 minutes, turning and moving around seeds every 8 minutes until golden brown.
7) Let cool a bit and ENJOY!
I can't tell you how much I LOVE this recipe. If you are someone who likes a crunch, needs a new snack or craves savory, you will love these too.
Thanks for stopping by....