I grew up on salmon patties and recently started making them again for my family since they offer great lean protein and are just as scrumptious as you want them to be. I love having left overs becaues they make a great quick breakfast, lunch or dinner the next day.
I changed up my recipe a bit and added a few special herbs and spices.
Here's the recipe...
1 can wild Alaskan salmon
1/4 c. flour (I use gluten free flour or almond meal)
1/4 c. water
1/3 c. bread crumbs (I use gluten free)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbs dried dill
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
2 tsp curry powder
1) Add salmon to a bowl. Remove bones, skin and fat.
2) Add remaining ingredients to the bowl with the salmon.
3) Combine ingredients... the easiest way is with your hands.
4) Add oil to a large pan and heat on the stove top to medium-high.
5) Form patties with your hands and place on a hot pan. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on one side and flip gently when golden brown. Cook on the other side for about 5-6 minutes.
6) Plate, serve and enjoy. (I like to serve my salmon patties with quinoa and a kale salad with cranberries).
I hope you enjoy this dish... let me know how you like it.