Let me tell you, if you like muffins... blueberry muffins at that...
YOU WILL L-O-V-E this recipe!
I grew up making blueberry muffins out of a box. They were full of artificial "blueberries" and a sugary topping.
I recently received fresh organic blueberries in my farmers market box and knew that I would have to make blueberry muffins that have evolved. Why not add lemon for a twist and sesame seeds for a bit of crunchy texture? They came out perfect! (and they're low glycemic)
Here's what I did...
1 1/4 c Pamela's gluten free pancake and baking mix
1/4 c honey or grade B maple syrup
1 1/4 c water
1/4 c fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tbs lemon zest (best if organic lemon is used) OR6-8 drops of YL lemon essential oil or citrus fresh essential oil blend
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 tbs sesame seeds
2/3 c fresh organic blueberries (I used fresh but you would also defrost frozen and use them)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Add baking mix to a large bowl
3) In a seperate bowl add all other ingredients and mix
4) Add ingredients from the second bowl to the baking mix. Mix all together well.
5) Fold in blueberries.
6) Add to a muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until the tops are a golden brown.
Hope you love these as much as I do! My daughter says they are her favorite snack.