These savory, crispy roasted chickpeas will become your new favorite snack. If you make them for guests they'll be gone before you know it. Do yourself a favor and have a second batch cooking up so you won't be sad when the first batch is gone in minutes.
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are about 1/3 protein in their makeup and offer about 12 grams of fiber per cup (that's something to write home about). They are also low glycemic and promote balanced blood sugar. This quick and easy snack will keep you satisfied and keep things moving in your colon ;) Plus, roasted garbanzo beans are a great substitute for chips when wanting a "salty" snack.
Enjoy this roasted chickpea recipe.
Serves 3-4 (you may want to plan to double the recipe because you will want more)
1, 15 ounce can of (organic) garbanzo beans
1 tbsp. grape seed oil (olive oil may also be used)
2 tsp. granulated garlic powder
2 tsp. dried parsley
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. curry powder (add or subtract to desired level of spiciness)
1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Add chickpeas to a bowl followed by all additional ingredients.
3. Mix to make sure chickpeas are coated with oil, herbs and seasoning.
4. Add the contents of the bowl to a baking sheet or roasting pan.
5. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes or until desired level or crispiness is reached (careful not to over cook and burn).
6. Serve and enjoy!