Many feel that to forgive means to approve of a perceived wrong doing.
We have all experienced let downs and hurts when our expectations have not been fulfilled. Some hold on to resentment for years, feeling justified in their anger. Even if someone has intentionally hurt you, resentment harbored only negatively impacts YOU!
Do you feel nervous, anxious, tightness in your chest, butterflies or anger when you think of someone you have not forgiven? If so, your body is experiencing stress that impacts your health.
Work to get past the negative impulse. There is nothing that can be changed about what has happened. Consider yourself having just taken a crash course in Living and Learning 101. Take the high road and forgive- release the person or the situation.
You don't have to forget but it's up to you to find peace.
A few questions for you...
1) What does forgiveness mean to you?
2) Do you have trouble with forgiveness?
3) Have you ever felt physical tension when thinking of or faced with someone you resent and have not forgiven?
Work towards a resolution. Make it your "LAW".
1) Love yourself enough to not burden your body with negativity- Let go and move forward.
2) Accept that your reality is not theirs- they may never see your point of view.
3) Write a letter to the person to get your resentment off your chest...then burn it as a sign of release.
I sincerely hope this gets you closer to releasing the past and internal peace.