Sometimes you just want something delicious and sweet.
I am not a dessert person at all nor do I crave sugar but these pankcake bites will satisfy anyone's desire for something light and sweet.
Kids and adults alike LOVE these and you don't even have to add extra sweetner or syrup, the banana's natural sugar is plenty sweet.
Here's the recipe-
Serves 4-6 with about 6 to 8 bites each
4 bananas cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cups pancake mix (I use Pamela's gluten free)
1/3 cup water
2 tsp fractioned coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
(optional) 1 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
1) Prepare pancake batter by adding pancake mix/flour and shredded coconut (if using it) to a large bowl.
2) Mix water, egg, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a seperate bowl. Once mixed add to the pancake mix/flour.
3) Combine and mix wet and dry ingredients well.
4) Heat a well coated (I use olive oil) pan on the stove top to medium-hight heat.
5) Dip banana pieces into the batter ensuring banana is covered on both sides. Place in heated pan to cook. Place enough bites on pan to cover pan but leave enough room for flipping.
6) Once the banana bites begin to bubble face up, flip to cook on the other side for about 3 minutes or until done.
7) Transfer finished pancake banana bite to a plate and serve warm. Great paired with yougurt, berries or alone :)
I hope you fall in love with these bites like I have :)