Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Capers, Walnuts and Anchovies
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts, quartered
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple of agave
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- One 2-ounce tin of anchovies, drained and minced
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the brussels sprouts on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 45 minutes. You will want to mix them around once or twice. Cook until tender and charred in spots; shift the pans halfway through roasting.
- Spread the walnuts on cookie sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, until golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop the nuts.
- In the large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard and honey/maple/agave. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of oil until emulsified. Add capers, garlic, shallots and anchovies then season with salt and pepper. Finally add the brussels sprouts and walnuts and toss well. Serve.
Enjoy the deliciousness!