2016 was probably one of the most challenging yet rewarding years yet. It was a break though year for me and I learned valuable lessons about my own needs and wants. After having my daughter 5 years ago my life totally changed.
It's taken me time to figure out how to take care of myself.
Becoming a mother was much about learning the personality of a new human and how to act and react as quickly as possible to minimize infant/toddler/child out bursts. I gave myself so little and suffered. I forgot to take care of me. Moving forward, I've committed myself to 10 wellness vows that I can not afford to break.
1. Pay attention to signs and symptoms that something is off and arrange for follow up care.
2. Make sure to eat food before noon (shakes not included).
3. Avoid over eating (2/3 fullness).
4. Move the body with physical activity at least 4 times per week.
5. Cleanse quarterly.
6. Get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep per night.
7. Eat something green daily (and an apple).
8. Set positive intentions weekly, pray and meditate daily.
9. Schedule in self care, fun extracurricular activities and wellness appointments as non-negotiables. Get it in!
10. More being, less doing.
Will you join me in taking these vows?
Until next time.